RSS
Write some words about you and your blog here

Call me cold and hearless... but COME ON Taylor!

OK, so I consider myself to be a big country music fan. I find that I can relate to a lot of the songs and the artists have, overall, have excellent voices and great stage presence. Needless to say, last night, the Country Music Awards were aired. Braid Paisley, whom I saw in concert this summer and is one of my favorite country singers and performers, had seven nominations. More than any other artist! And at the end of the night he only took home two. Country fans, myself included, predicted that he would have taken home at least more than two. But the focus of the night was clearly on Taylor Swift. After the VMAs at the beginning of the fall, and her minor confrontation with Kanye, she has since been in the spotlight. I for one, do not like Taylor as a country artist. Its great that shes only 19...yeah yeah and shes been so successful. But come on! Because the CMAs are based largely on the votes from the public, I can't help but think her winning the Entertainer of the Year (arguably the biggest honor) was because of her recent presence in the public eye and the fact so many people felt bad for her. I'm not trying to downplay what she has done, I just find it frustrating that there are plenty more country artists who have been successful in different ways this past year, and didn't get recognized because Kanye didn't interrupt them. Kanye I blame you!

0 comments: